Thursday, April 23, 2009

Comedian Jokes

For a change I’m not going to write about online bingo today, the subject is jokes, but not bingo jokes, comedian jokes. The Edinburgh Fringe festival has been giving out awards for funniest gags, and the newly crowned winner is Zoe Lyons – well done girl!

This is the one-liner she jumped over the winning post with, on the subject of the misunderstood but talented singer Amy Winehouse:

“I can’t believe Amy Winehouse self-harms. She’s so irritating she must be able to find someone to do it for her.”

In the tasteless ratings this joke scores pretty highly, but humour is like art, and as Picasso once said famously, “The world today doesn’t make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?”

33 year-old Zoe from Brighton said she was delighted to have won the award.

“I know self-harming is not funny but it’s just a joke, so I’m not going to beat myself up about it.”

Andrew Laurence came in second with his witty one liner: “Most of us have a skeleton in the cupboard. David Beckham takes his out in public.”

I’ve always appreciated a good joke, it’s something I can’t get by without, like a nice cuppa while I bingo. I wish there were more bingo themed jokes around as I love anything to do with bingo, however we have a few rib-ticklers submitted by our very own Bingostreeters in our Bingo Forum – pop over now for a quick giggle!